|Meyer Lemon Lace Cookies
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped almonds or other nuts
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
finely grated zest from two meyer lemons
2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Lightly butter heavy baking sheets
3. Combine flour, salt and nuts in large bowl. Stir to mix.
4. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in saucepan and bring to boil.
5. Remove pan from heat and stir in flour mixture, lemon zest and lemon juice.
6. Drop batter by teaspoonful about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
7. Bake just until lightly browned at edges, 9-10 minutes. Timing is critical!
8. Allow the cookies to cool slightly (2 minutes) on the baking sheet before transferring to wire
racks to cool completely. If they stick, put back in oven for 60 seconds to soften.
Optional: While cookies are cooling, combine 4 ounces of your favorite chocolate with 2
tablespoons butter. Microwave in covered bowl for 1 minute or until melted. Drizzle melted
chocolate over the lemon lace cookies for an extravagant treat!
Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook by Rosso & Lukins